Inter Carnot-Fraunhofer Programme PICF 2011
France and Germany share a common vision and instruments for the development of technological research. Carnot institutes (IC) and Fraunhofer institutes (FhI) are institutes dedicated to the development and transfer of science and technology to the benefit of the economy and society.
The goals of the German-French collaborative research and innovation projects between Fraunhofer Institutes (FhI) and Carnot Institutes (IC) are:
- Enhance scientific leadership on national and international R&D
- Prepare the transfer of technology and knowledge to industry
- Create long-term strategic French-German alliances between excellent research organizations
Following the French-German Forum for Research 2008, the ANR and the BMBF agreed, in a Memorandum of Understanding, on a 3 years joint-programme, funding German-French collaborative research and innovation projects between the FhI and the IC. Although the Fraunhofer-Carnot Cooperation is concentrated on thematic areas of energy, environment, health, civil security, transport and information and communication technology, the call opening on 10th May 2011 is not limited to these areas.
The submission modalities are in the call for proposals. A complete proposal includes:
- The Common Submission Form
- The Annex A - Specific French Financial Form. This document will be filled by the French partners only, from “coordinator” sheet to partners sheets without any blank.
- The Annex B - Specific German Financial Document. This document will be filled by the German partners only.
The Common Submission Form and the Annex A - Specific French Financial Form can be downloaded from the PICF website.
The proposals have to be submitted by electronic submission (see call for proposals).
Deadline for electronic submission: 13th July 2011 at 13h00 (Paris time)
For the French partners only, a hard copy of the Annex A - Specific French Financial Form signed by all the French partners is also needed (see call for proposals) by registered letter with recorded delivery, before:
10th August 2011 at 24h00 (Paris time), postmark being the proof
At the following address:
212 rue de Bercy
75012 Paris, France
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.