Sustainable Hydrogen Technology as Affordable and Clean Energy - EIG CONCERT-Japan - 2022
The 8th Joint Call of the EIG CONCERT-Japan focuses on research around the development of sustainable hydrogen technology. This includes tackling research challenges related to hydrogen production, usage and storage. A close consideration will be given to proposals that promote energy security and environmental quality.
Researchers are envisioned to explore research areas such as :
- Hydrogen Production (different mechanisms for water splitting – renewable, electrolysis, biological (fermentation), … )
- Manufacturing (fabrication methods for continuous process: scalability, cost-reduction, reliability, sensors integration, quality control, … )
- Hydrogen Storage and transportation (physical-based: gas, liquid, …; materials-based: absorbent, organichydride, metalhydride …; models, … )
- Technology applications and validation (transport, power generation, hydrogen fuel cells (catalyst, electrolytes, electrodes, models, …), heating and cooling … )
- Systems Modelling and Analysis (performance models, aging and degradation models, life cycle analysis, financial analysis, required infrastructures, lab pilots, … )
Each project consortium must consist of at least three (3) partners from three (3) countries, including Japan and two (2) different European countries.
Research projects will be funded for 36 months and should start in April 2022. Only the French parties of each selected consortium will be funded by the ANR.
Applicants are strongly advised to thoroughly read the call text, the annex for french participants and the guidelines for applicants available below.
- List of selected projects
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.