Specific Support for Defence Research Works and Innovation (ASTRID)
The French national research agency (ANR) launches in partnership with the French armaments procurement agency (DGA), the 2015 ASTRID program "specific support for defence research works and innovation". This program is entirely funded by the DGA and is implemented by ANR.
ASTRID positions itself as a dedicated program to support research projects with a highly exploratory and innovative nature. The maximum funding is 300 k€ and the project duration is between 18 and 36 months. Applications of this research are dual-use (both civilian and military applications).
This call for proposals aims to:
- Stimulate the opening of new research areas and maintain the innovation effort on topics of defence interest in accordance with the guidelines of the DGA basic research policy document (POS : document de Politique et Objectifs Scientifiques) and its updated documents
- Explore scientific and technical blocages by promoting skill development and the identification of technological breakthroughs, source of innovation beneficial to defence and civilian research and industry.
Follow-up projects may be submitted within the framework of other ANR calls or other funding mechanisms such as DGA upstream studies.
The transverse nature of the ASTRID program is characterised by the 9 thematic areas:
- Information Engineering and Robotics
- Fluids, Structures
- Acoustic and radioelectric waves
- Materials, chemistry and energy
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Men and Systems
- Environment and Geosciences
An additional theme is devoted to “interdisciplinary priorities” (Big data, Humanities and Social Sciences).
La disponibilité du site de soumission est prévue pour début janvier 2015. Pour toute information complémentaire et pour nous contacter au sujet de cet appel à projets, veuillez bien vouloir consulter les points de contacts.
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.