Specific Support for Defence Research Works and Innovation (ASTRID)
The French National Research Agency (ANR) launches in partnership with the French armaments procurement agency (DGA), the 2014 ASTRID programme "Specific support for defence research works and innovation". This programme is entirely funded by the DGA and is implemented by ANR.
ASTRID is a dedicated programme to support research projects with a highly exploratory and innovative nature. The maximum funding is €300 k and the project duration is between 18 and 36 months. Applications of this research are dual-use (both civilian and military applications).
This call for proposals aims to:
- Stimulate the opening of new research areas and maintain the innovation effort on topics of defence interest, in accordance with the guidelines of the DGA basic research policy document (POS: document de Politique et Objectifs Scientifiques) and its updated documents
- Explore scientific and technical bottlenecks by promoting skill development and the identification of technological breakthroughs, which are a source of innovation that could benefit to defence and civilian research and industry.
Follow-up projects may be submitted within the framework of other ANR calls proposals or other funding schemes such as DGA upstream studies.
The cross-cutting nature of the ASTRID programme is characterized by 9 thematic areas:
- Information Engineering and Robotics
- Fluids, Structures
- Acoustic and radioelectric waves
- Materials, chemistry and energy
- Biology and Biotechnology
- Men and Systems
- Environment and Geosciences
An additional theme is devoted to “interdisciplinary priorities” (Big data, Humanities and Social Sciences).
the website will be open for projects submission in January
In order to get additional information, please contact us.
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.