European Joint Programme SOIL – 2nd external call (EJP SOIL – 2nd external call)
To achieve this aim, this call addresses three major topics:
- Evaluating soil restoration practices and management for alleviating land degradation supporting agro-ecosystem as well as their contribution to mitigate greenhouse-gases emissions and optimize soil carbon sequestration;
- Using data derived from Long-Term Experimental sites (LTEs) and benchmark farms to understand the combined effect of soil management practices and climate change on carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus cycling, and on greenhouse-gases emissions. Proposing practical solutions to adjust management and reduce this impact;
- Developing innovative methods and sensing technologies to provide an integrated monitoring and mapping of farm management practices taking also into account physical attributes and vegetation characteristics relevant to SOC sequestration, soil health and degradation;
The selected proposals will contribute to the transition toward the diversification of agriculture including diversifying sustainable and environment friendly agricultural practices.
The countries participating in this call are: Argentina, Brazil, Canada*, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Lithuania, Norway, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay.
Additionally, The Global Research Alliance and the KIC Climate* will fund organizations of the following countries: Argentina, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Ghana, Honduras, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Malawi, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Samoa, Senegal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Uruguay, Viet Nam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
* to be confirmed
For further information, please look on the submission website of the call for proposal (https://ejp-soil.ptj.de/call2) as well as the annexes for French participants available here after.
- List of selected projects
An informative Webinar regarding the modus operandi of the preregistration and research proposal submission platform, as well as of the partnering tool present on this same platform, was held the 24th of May. Please, find the information given during this event on the following document. Do not hesitate to consult it.
- Call text update of the time-table of the call (p.1, p.8 et p.12), postponement of the pre-registration deadline to July the 20th 2022, and of the list of the funding partners (p.7 et p.10), the AAFC (Canada) and the ‘Climate KIC’ will not participate to the call.
- Appendix for French participants: postponement of the pre-registration deadline to July the 20th 2022 (p.1 et p.2)
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.