Bilateral French-German call for proposals on Epigenomics of Common and Age-related Diseases
The ANR is joining the BMBF (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung – German ministry for education and research) to launch the French-German bilateral call for proposals on human epigenomics entitled “Epigenomics of Common and Age-related Diseases”.
The aim of this joint call for proposals is to promote synergy and added value through the establishment of high-quality, interdisciplinary binational collaborations among researchers in France and Germany, in the field of human epigenomics.
In the context of this call, research consortia are invited to submit research proposals that:
- investigate the multifaceted role of the epigenome in disease occurrence and progression,
- combine high-quality epigenome mapping activities and functional analysis,
- present ambitious and innovative approaches,
- clearly show the added value of the transnational collaboration.
Each submitted proposal must involve a minimum of three research groups including at least one French and one German group. The coordinator of the consortium must belong to an academic research organisation from either France or Germany.
Funding will be awarded for a maximum of three years. The ANR will fund only the French partners in the selected projects.
The call text and the documents necessary to submit the joint applications are available above.
There will be a two-stage submission procedure:
- Joint Letters of Interest (in English), according to the provided template. Electronic submission via the official submission website (http://www.pt-it.de/ptoutline/application/EPIG2013) is mandatory.
- Joint full proposals (in English) will only be accepted from applicants explicitly invited to submit them by the Joint Call Secretariat. Full proposals should be submitted electronically on the same submission website.
Please note that no proposal submission will be accepted directly by the ANR.
Each French partner of the selected projects will sign a grant agreement with the ANR. Therefore, the applications need to comply with the eligibility criteria of ANR. For information regarding ANR’s rules, please refer to the “Appendix for French applicants”.
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.