1st joint call Chlordecone
The French government launched on February 24, 2021 the chlordecone IV plan for the period 2021-2027. This plan aims at continuing and strengthening the measures already undertaken to reduce the exposure of populations to chlordecone in Guadeloupe and Martinique as well as at deploying appropriate support measures, while ensuring to meet the needs of the population.
Within the framework of this chlordecone IV plan, several calls for research projects "Chlordecone" will be launched. This first call for research projects addresses the issue of chlordecone pollution in the Caribbean, through a "one health" approach, that is to say an integrative, systemic and unified approach to human, animal and environmental health.
This call aims at promoting research on the characterization of the impacts of chlordecone and its derivatives as well as solutions to reduce them, and is structured around 3 thematic areas:
- PREVENTION OF EXPOSURES to lower the causes and risk factors related to the presence of chlordecone; in particular in the food chain;
- To promote the identification of brakes and levers to exchanges and interactions between SCIENCE AND SOCIETY, that is to say between scientific research on chlordecone and the actors of Caribbean societies;
- To propose innovative, cost-effective and integrated solutions capable of bringing RESILIENCE AND SUSTAINABILITY in the Caribbean socio-economic development
This call for projects aims at providing pragmatic solutions and enriching knowledge on chlordecone, which strongly affects the Caribbean. It is supported by the ANR, the Collectivité Territoriale de Martinique and the Région Guadeloupe.
ERRATUM (19/05/2022) :
- Joint call text, update of the timetable (p.1, p.2, p.9 et p.17) – postponement of submission deadline to June 3rd, 2022; (p.9) § 8.2 -> § 5.1
- Annexe 2 : Guidelines ANR - postponement of submission deadline to June 3rd, 2022 (p.1 et p.3)
- Annexe 3 : Modalités Région Guadeloupe - postponement of submission deadline to June 3rd, 2022 (p.1 et p.2)
Guidelines for the ANR, information about the call text, and the submission website are available on this webpage.
For any information, please contact, by e-mail
Contacts ANR :
+33 (0)1 78 09 82 65
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.