Pre-announcement: JPIAMR Call on Diagnostics & Surveillance 2019 for transnational research projects
Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) has become one of the major global health and development challenges of the 21st century. The threat of AMR is particularly high in resource-limited and high-risk settings. This is linked to issues such as weak human and animal health systems; diverse means of food production, processing and consumption; food safety and food security; water, hygiene and sanitation challenges; and the global movement of people and goods.
In response to these challenges, the JPIAMR is pleased to pre-announce this joint transnational call for proposals for innovative research projects on new or improved diagnostic and surveillance strategies, tools, technologies and methods. The call will support research projects that also have the potential for impact in areas where the risk and burden of AMR is greatest, such as in LMIC settings in Asia and Africa. Projects are encouraged to use a One Health approach where relevant.
The projected call budget is approx. 20 million Euro. Projects considered for funding will involve fundamental, translational research, with the exception of clinical trials. Funding will be awarded for a maximum of 3 years. The ANR will fund only the French partners in the selected projects.
Scope of the call
Project proposals should aim to either:
- Develop strategies, tools, technologies, and methods for the detection, monitoring, profiling and/or surveillance of antimicrobial resistance and dynamics leading to resistance.
- Study ways to facilitate and implement the uptake and use of existing strategies, tools, technologies, and/or methods for the detection, monitoring, profiling and surveillance of antimicrobial resistance and dynamics leading to resistance.
The following sub-topics are not within the scope of the call:
- Investigations based on, or involving, clinical trials.
- Investigations aiming to improve existing commercial technology or products (more details on this will be in the full call text and annexes)
Participating countries & eligibility
- Full eligibility criteria will be included in the Call launch.
- Consortia of eligible scientists from participating JPIAMR member countries and eligible countries in Africa and Asia may apply to this call.
- Applicants must adhere to the specific regulations of their national funding organisations.
- Consortia must include a minimum of three and a maximum of six project partners from at least three eligible countries.
- Participating JPIAMR member countries include Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain and Sweden.
The Netherlands has the intention of joining the call but no funding is guaranteed yet.Please note that the list of participating countries is provisional.
The call has a two-step application process (pre-proposal, full proposal) with the following targeted timetable:
November 15 2018 Pre-announcement
Early December 2018 Publication of the JPIAMR 2019 Call
February 15 2019 (17:00 CET) Submission deadline for pre-proposals
Mid April2019 Full proposal invitations sent to project coordinators
June 14 2019 (17:00 CET) Submission deadline for full proposals
Late September 2019 Final funding decision taken by the funding organisations
Mid October 2019 Final funding decision announced to applicants
End of 2019/Early 2020 Start of funding
JPI AMR call secretariat
Tel : + 33 (0)1 78 09 80 44