Tremplin-ERC (T-ERC) - second call
Designed to improve France’s success rate in European Research Council (ERC) calls, Tremplin-ERC (T-ERC) is a new funding instrument set up by ANR for Work Programme 2017.
T-ERC is open to all ERC research disciplines (LS, PE, SH).
The T-ERC instrument aims to:
- encourage scientific excellence by supporting high quality applications;
- strengthen French participation and increasing France’s rate of success in upcoming ERC calls;
- help research organisations to host high-level applicants deemed “excellent” at the European level by enabling them to carry out their projects in the best possible conditions;
- allow the eligible candidates to start their scientific project before the announcement of the results and help them for a new ERC submission.
Tremplin-ERC is intended for researchers affiliated to a French academic research organization who did not receive funding from the ERC Consolidator Grants despite having submitted top-quality projects (ranked A or B, after second evaluation step).
The goal is to give researchers a leg up when it comes to submitting a new application, thereby giving them firm foothold from which to succeed. Projects are funded up to 250 k€ over 24 months. Funding Grants will cover personnel as well as operating expenses.
The T-ERC selected candidates will benefit from a dedicated assistance, ensuring them the best chances of success for the next ERC Consolidator grant calls.
T-ERC proposals will be selected by only one multidisciplinary panel.
Swift decision-making and funding
ANR has made special arrangements to speed up decision-making and funding. The submission application in particularly has been streamlined, making use of application documents previously transmitted to the ERC.
* Applicants who submited ERC proposals and who have not been financed (ranked A or B for the second stage), will be invited to submit a proposal to the ANR via an ERC email.
Enhancing French scientific excellence and appeal
The funding instrument T-ERC is part of France’s national strategy for strengthening French research and technological innovation aimed at increasing France’s influence and international scientific attractiveness.
Submission site opening date: January 10th 2017
The deadline for electronic submission of proposals: February 7th 2017 at 1 p.m.
Administrative submission document including the laboratory or institute director commitment as well as scanned and signed documents must be uploaded to the submission site by: February 7th 2017.
Dr. Angèla SAMAAN
International Scientific program manager
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.