Transnational joint call for proposals on Cooperation in Fisheries, Aquaculture and Seafood Processing through the ERA-NET COFASP
This 3rd call launched by ERA-NET COFASP sets out to increase the knowledge and the development of biotechnological tools for marine observation, predictability, and biomass utilisation and sustainability.
Three research areas are supported by the funding partners for this call for proposals:
- Fisheries: Fishery stock assessment and dynamic modelling using ‘omic’ methodologies and tools
- Aquaculture: Genome-based approach to genetic improvement of aquaculture species
- Seafood processing: Exploring opportunities for the use of biotechnological tools, including targeted enzymes, to develop more efficient seafood processing methods and high value products
Those participating via a funded consortium will be funded by his or her national partner organisation. A total amount of up to €5.3 million has been allocated by funding partners from Canada, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Norway, Romania and Turkey for this call.
Only transnational projects will be funded: each consortium must therefore include at least three teams from at least three different countries participating in the call. Each agency will fund the teams from its own country; therefore the candidates must ensure that they comply with their respective agencies’ rules of eligibility. ANR will therefore only be funding the French teams. Project submission and selection shall take place as an integrated peer evaluation process with the other countries.
The main objectives of ERA-NET COFASP are:
- To lay the basis for exploitation according to precautionary principles and enhance innovation in and competiveness of the fisheries and aquaculture primary sectors as well as subsequent seafood processing and distribution to the consumer
- To define the science, information and data necessary to underpin the revision of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) and to ensure its successful implementation by designing complementary national research programmes and outlining monitoring and information/data sharing systems needed.
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.