Impacts of helminth disease and climate change on livestock health, together with development of control strategies such as novel vaccine and diagnostic - ERA-NET ICRAD 2023
The three main objectives of this call are therefore as follows:
Axe 1 : Improve understanding of anthelmintic resistance and develop intervention tools to prevent it: research into mechanisms of anthelmintic resistance as well as resistance development in livestock, improved diagnosis, and management strategies to conserve the efficacy of current anthelmintics. Development of modern intervention strategies, such as anthelmintic vaccines is also an objective.
Axe 2 : Better understand impacts of climate change on animal health: how could climate change lead to pathogen emergence, re-emergence and spread. What are potential impacts on transmission of disease, and how it can change stress-related susceptibility of livestock to disease.
Axe 3 : Develop detection and prevention platforms: supporting the development of novel diagnostic and vaccine technology platforms which will ensure preparedness to the impacts of climate change, anthelmintic resistance, and livestock health in general.
The following Funding Organisations are participating in this call for multilateral research projects:
- Federal Public Service Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment (FPS Health), Belgium
- Ministry of Rural Affairs (MEM), Estonia
- Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR), France
- Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM), Ireland
- Latvian Council of Science (LZP), Latvia
- Narodowe Centrum Badań i Rozwoju (NCBR), Poland
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, General Directorate of Agricultural Research and Policies (TAGEM), Türkiye
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Türkiye
- The Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), United Kingdom
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.