Call for Expressions of Interest to establish a Knowledge Hub in the framework of the ERA-NET Cofund « Urban Accessibility and Connectivity »
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES
ANR is highly involved in the ERA-NET Cofund EN-UAC and takes part in the Call for Expressions of Interest to establish a Knowledge Hub.
This action aims to mobilise experts to contribute to:
- the consolidation of knowledge, methods and tools developed by R&I projects funded at the national, European and international levels;
- the dissemination of results from these projects to the practitioners.
This call aims to reach the overall objectives of the ERA-NET Cofund EN-UAC in the Sustainable Urban Acceessibility and Connectivity field by:
- Reinforcing the monitoring of and the interaction between the funded projects into the wider JPI Urban Europe program;
- Facilitating wider communication, dissemination and exploitation of results towards policy-makers, urban practitioners and citizens to enhance impact of projects and EN-UAC activities in Europe and beyond;
- Establishing a community of research and practice to build capacities for transitions towards sustainable urban mobility.
CONTENT OF THE CALL
It aims to establish a Knowledge Hub composed of experts from academia and practitioners for the connection of projects and initiatives based on R&I results synthesis and dissemination, in the field of sustainable urban accessibility and connectivity, with the following objectives:
- Connecting the projects and initiatives of the ERA-NET to improve results;
- Contributing to synthesis of results;
- Identifying results with a high potential for further validation or demonstration;
- Preparing recommandations and learnings for practitioners and policy-makers as well as funders of research (policy advice).
PARTICIPATION TO THE CALL
A first group of six funding agencies representing five countries (Austria, France, Latvia, Sweden and UK), members of the EN-UAC consortium is funding this pilot action with a dedicated budget up to about 700 000 € for two years.
The call has two steps:
- This step of call for Expressions of Interest at the national level;
- A co-construction step of the Knowldege Hub with pre-selected experts from other participating countries in this call.
In order to become a member of the Knowldege Hub, all applicants must submit an Expression of Interest. It should express the willingness and the ability of the applicant to join the Knowledge Hub as an active and contributing member. Each applicant needs to submit a separate Expression of Interest on behalf of its organisation. An applicant may suggest one or several names of experts of its team, only if it is justified and argued.
In this call, only the research-performing organisation (as defined in the European regulation), eligible to a funding rate of 100% “coûts marginaux” can request funding from ANR.
Potential applicants are invited to carefully read the call text as well as the annex for French participants available on this page.
- Launch of the call and opening of the submission website for the Expression of Interest: 26 January 2022
- Deadline for submission of the Expression of Interest: 22 March 2022, 13.00 CET
- Call Steering Committee meeting – pre-selection of the Knowledge Hub members: April 2022
- Communication of pre-selected Knowledge Hub members + invitation to the Knowledge Hub meeting: April 2022
- Knowledge Hub meeting for the preparation of the proposal: May 2022
- Deadline for submission of the joint Knowledge Hub proposal(s): 21 June 2022, 13.00 CET
- Call Steering Committee meeting for proposal evaluation: July 2022
- Communication of final decision: September 2022
Applicants must enquire with their respective national contact points about the eligibility of their application according to the national funding rules before submitting an Expression of Interest.
+33 (0)1 73 54 82 29
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.