ANR – JST CREST joint call for two research areas: « Trusted Quality AI Systems » and « Exploring Unknown Materials » - 2022
The purpose of this Agreement is to foster Japanese-French collaboration in scientific research and to fund joint research projects conducted by Japanese and French partners eligible for funding from each agency, within the framework of the JST-CREST program on two common priority research areas:
- Trusted Quality AI Systems: Core technologies for trusted quality AI systems
- Exploring Unknown Materials: Exploring Innovative Materials in Unknown Search Space
The full description of the three areas is appended to the document on the national regulations for French applicants. The proposals should be led by a Japanese Principal Investigator and a French Principal Investigator and will be evaluated via a peer-review procedure by ANR and JST, successively. The call is open to public and private French partners.
The ANR funding will be around 500 k€ per project depending on the number of partners and the ambition of the project, for a 5 year duration.
The French-Japanese consortia will have to submit their proposals to the ANR before May 9, 2022 at 10AM CEST. The same proposals will also have to be submitted to the JST-CREST, the submission deadline is later than the ANR one and not set at the moment. Applicants are invited to contact JST directly for further information.
- Call text
- National regulations for French applicants and description of the two research areas (V2 02.23.2022)
- Common application form : 2022_joint_application_form_AI
- Common application form : 2022_joint_application_form_C_E_Material
- Instructions on how to fill the common application form
- Submission Website “Trusted Quality AI Systems”
- Submission Website “Exploring Unknown Materials”
Trusted Quality AI Systems: Aladji KAMAGATE Aladji.KAMAGATE(at)agencerecherche.fr +33 1 78 09 80 59
Erratum of 22/02/2022 regarding the deadline for submission to the JST. Document concerned: Modalités de participation des partenaires français, page 3 § 2 MODALITÉS DE DÉPÔT" et page 4 § 3.1 CRITÈRES D'ELIGIBILITE COMMUNS".
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.