The W-covid project consists in designing an automated, simple, economical and robust system allowing the diagnosis of covid-19 at home or in a medical service, by an non-specialist operator, using a saliva swab.
The system consists of three main parts:
- a consumable pre-filled tube for saliva collection,
- a one time use microfluidic cartridge (accommodates an RT-LAMP reaction),
- an analysis station.
This system is different from available options on the market due to:
- ease of use (one manual operation),
- low cost (around 500 € for the analysis station and 50 € per cartridge),
- its excellent sensitivity and high specificity (equal to or greater than PCR methods),
- its rapidity (one hour versus four hours or more for PCR).
Withings will design, industrialize and distribute the above-mentionned steps, building on the expertise of several European and Asian partners.
Monsieur Maxime Dumont (WITHINGS)
The author of this summary is the project coordinator, who is responsible for the content of this summary. The ANR declines any responsibility as for its contents.
Help of the ANR 199,211 euros
Beginning and duration of the scientific project: March 2020 - 6 Months