The 2023 Call for Proposals ASTRID Maturation – Specific support for Defence projects and innovation : Maturation and valorisation
ASTRID Maturation is dedicated to supporting follow-up research works of projects that have received a grant from the French Ministry of Armed Forces. This program is of a dual use nature: applications must serve both civilian and military purposes.
The ASTRID-Maturation program aims to:
- anticipate technology demonstrations and pre-industrial work following up on dual-use scientific innovation,
- boost result’s attractiveness with regard to industry and investors.
The program, at the border between upstream and technological-research, is complementary to RAPID and DGA upstream studies programmes (as far as military applications are concerned) as well as other civilian supporting programmes.
- Open to all project with a grant from the French Ministry of Armed Forces and that have ended within three years before call’s openings
- At least one industrial partner required per project
- Grant is capped at €800k per project
Intellectual property clauses (IP)
Intellectual property clauses will be applied in order to preserve the feasibility of applications.
Refence document for defence innovation policy available on AID website https://www.defense.gouv.fr/aid/ in the “documents” tab
Contacts – French National Research Agency
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.