Research targeting development of innovative therapeutic strategies in cardiovascular disease (CARDINNOV) – ERA4Health 2023
The aim of this call is to enable scientists in different countries to build a valuable collaboration on common interdisciplinary research projects based on complementarities and sharing of expertise in the field of cardiovascular disease treatments with a clear translational research approach. More precisely, research proposals must address one or both of the following topics:
1) Repair and/or regeneration of the heart and/or the blood vessels
2) Chronic heart failure and atrial fibrillation
Only transnational projects will be funded. The following conditions apply to the composition of consortia:
- Minimum of three eligible and a maximum of five eligible partners from at least three different countries participating in the call.
- No more than two eligible partners from the same country participating in the call will be accepted within one consortium.
- The maximum number of eligible partners can be increased up to six or seven (see table below) if they include one or two partners, respectively, from the following participating countries: Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey.
- Maximum of two collaborators per consortium. Collaborators are self-funded partners: i.e. partners that are not requesting funds in this Joint Transnational Call provided by one of the participating funding organisations (e.g. from non-funding countries or not fundable according to national/regional regulations of the participating funding organisations).
ANR will only fund the French partners of the selected projects. In agreement with ANR policy, funded researchers should respect the guidelines of the Nagoya protocol and consider open access publication of their results.
- List of selected projects
Call text updates 01.03.2023:
Inclusion of the agency NKFIH (Hungary) as a participating funding organisation in this call (page 7). Inclusion of NKFIH national annex (page 27).
Modification of a national annex (FCT, Portugal). In section “Further guidance”, the link about FCT regulations has been updated (page 45).
The call will follow a two-step evaluation procedure.
Call text and proposal template can be found on ERA4Health website.
Proposals should be submitted online using the submission website (ANR will not accept any proposal submission and no additional information is required by ANR at the submission stage).
CARDINNOV Call secretariat:
Dr. Séverine Olivier and Dr. Martine Batoux
+33 1 73 54 81 74/ +33 1 73 54 81 40
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.