Increasing health equity through promoting healthy diets and physical activity (HealthEquity) – ERA4Health 2023
The aim of this call is to develop novel strategies and targeted approaches to identify, understand, and modify determinants and mechanisms of diet-related behaviour and physical activity as well as sedentary behaviour, which have the potential to break through the cycles maintaining unhealthy behaviours and lifestyles and to reduce health inequalities.
Research should be targeted at socio-economically disadvantaged groups and their setting, including the family, social, cultural, and local background, as well as digital influences. The applicants need to clearly define and justify their selection of target group(s). In addition, the strategy how these target groups will be reached needs to be innovative and outlined in detail.
Only transnational projects will be funded. The following conditions apply to the composition of consortia:
- Minimum of three eligible and a maximum of five eligible partners from at least three different countries participating in the call.
- No more than two eligible partners from the same country participating in the call will be accepted within one consortium.
- The maximum number of eligible partners can be increased up to six or seven (see table below) if they include one or two partners, respectively, from the following participating countries: Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Turkey.
- Maximum of two collaborators per consortium. Collaborators are self-funded partners: i.e. partners that are not requesting funds in this Joint Transnational Call provided by one of the participating funding organisations (e.g. from non-funding countries or not fundable according to national/regional regulations of the participating funding organisations).
ANR will only fund the French partners of the selected projects. In agreement with ANR policy, funded researchers should respect the guidelines of the Nagoya protocol and consider open access publication of their results.
- List of selected projects
The call will follow one step evaluation including a rebuttal phase.
Call text and proposal template can be found on ERA4Health website.
Proposals should be submitted online using the submission website (ANR will not accept any proposal submission and no additional information is required by ANR at the submission stage).
HealthEquity Call secretariat:
DLR Project Management Agency
Dr. Felicitas Bosen | Dr. Ann Siehoff
Telephone +49 228 3821-1878 | +49 228 3821-1601
Dr. Martine Batoux
+33 1 73 54 81 40
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.