Selected – 2022
Generic call - 2022
The Generic Call for Proposals 2022 (AAPG 2022) is the French National Research Agency’s (ANR) main call. It is directed towards all scientific communities and all public and private players involved in French research. It is designed to give researchers in various scientific fields access to co-funding in a large number of research themes, basic or applied, in addition to their allocated recurrent funding.
2021-07-20 at 16h00 CEST
Deadline for pre-proposals submission :
2021-11-02 at 17h00 CET
Application Deadline :
2022-03-24 at 13h00 CET
The French National Research Agency (ANR) will publish throughout June and July 2022 the lists of the selected projets for the generic call for proposals (AAPG) 2022.
06.24.2022 Selected projects Evaluation Panels 10 24 29 33 36 38 41 42 46 47 53 54
07.01.2022 Selected projects Evaluation Panels 01 02 05 07 08 11 12 13 16 17 21 22 23 25 27 30 31 39 40 43 44 45 49 50 52 55 56
Dedicated news: Appel à projets générique (AAPG) 2022 : l’ANR publie les premières listes de projets sélectionnés (in French)
The Generic Call for Proposals 2022 involves five funding instruments, each with its own specific submission and evaluation procedures. These instruments aim to fund:
- individual research projects coordinated by young researchers (JCJC)
- ambitious and innovative research projects led by a team or a laboratory, within the reintroduction of the "Single Team Research Project" (PRME) instrument
- collaborative research projects between public entities in a national (PRC)
- collaborative research projects between public entities in a bilateral international context (PRCI)
- collaborative research projects between public and private entities with a potential opening to the world of business (PRCE).
AAPG 2022 is divided into 56 research themes, each with its own Scientific Evaluation Panel (CES). When researchers submit a proposal, they select the scientific theme – and therefore the Scientific Evaluation Panel – that most closely relates to the scientific purpose of their research. This choice cannot be changed mid-way through the selection process.
- There are 37 research themes across seven main scientific fields: environmental sciences, energy and materials sciences, digital sciences, life sciences, social sciences and humanities, mathematics and its interactions, and physics of matter, high-energy, Earth and universe sciences.
- There are 19 research themes covering cross-disciplinary challenges and integrating issues from various scientific fields.
Provisional schedule for AAPG 2022
- July 2021 Publication of Work Programme 2022 and AAPG 2022
- September 2021 Publication of the AAPG 2022 Guide
- September 30th, 2021 Opening of website for stage 1 submissions (JCJC, PRME, PRC, PRCE) and registrations (PRCI)
- November 02, 2021 Closure of stage 1 submission
- February 15th 2022 Publication of stage 1 results - results available online via IRIS
- February 17th 2022 Opening of stage 2 submission website (JCJC, PRME, PRC, PRCE and PRCI)
- March 24th 2022 Closure of stage 2 submission website
- 24/05 – 31/05 : rebuttal stage on IRIS (information available)
- July 2022 Publication of first results (JCJC, PRME, PRC and PRCE)
- September 2022 Grant agreement phase
Registration of PRCI proposals
All “International Collaborative Research Projects” (PRCI) proposals for which ANR acts as the Lead Agency, or for which there is no Lead Agency, must be registered in phase 1 of AAPG 2022. All PRCI proposals registered with ANR in phase 1 qualify for phase 2 provided that the project in question is eligible. The aim of this measure is to ensure that the PRCI submission and selection process is managed efficiently within the AAPG 2022 process.
Note : (International Collaborative Research Projects - PRCI) funding instrument, ANR - RGC (Hong Kong) collaboration,
The results of the 2021 Generic call for proposals selection ( AAPG) will be known after the deadline for submission (PRC/PRCE/PRME/JCJC) and registration (PRCI) of the 2022 AAPG edition, i.e. after October 28, 2021, 5:00 PM (Paris time).
Pending these results, it is necessary to proceed with the registration of a PRCI project or the submission of a PRC, PRCE, PRME or JCJC pre-proposal in response to the 2022 AAPG edition.
If selected for funding under the 2021 edition, laureates will have to cancel their submission under the 2022 edition (PRCI, PRC, PRCE, PRME or JCJC) by e-mail to aapg.science(at)agencerecherche.fr, otherwise the registered or submitted projects will be declared not eligible.
Who can submit a proposal?
AAPG 2022 is open to all grant-holding researchers belonging to an organisation, establishment or public or private research laboratory eligible for ANR funding. Applicants can be involved in a maximum of three proposals submitted to ANR under AAPG 2022 and the bilateral call Fr-All SHS 2022: no more than one as coordinator and two as principal investigator for a project partner, or up to three as principal investigator for a project partner. A coordinator of a PRC, PRCE, PRCI, PRME or JCJC proposal selected for funding under AAPG 2021 cannot submit a PRC, PRCE, PRCI, PRME or JCJC proposal as coordinator for AAPG 2022. However, the researcher may act as a partner’s principal investigator. In addition, a JCJC project coordinator cannot act as the coordinator for another PRC, PRCE, PRCI, PRME or JCJC project while the initial JCJC project is ongoing.
Panel members and external experts use the same set of criteria to evaluate pre-proposals and full proposals submitted for the AAPG.
- In phase 1, the evaluation process is guided by two key criteria: the quality and scientific aims of the proposal (determining criterion), and how it is organised and implemented, including several sub-criteria.
- In phase 2, the evaluation process is guided by three key criteria: the quality and scientific aims of the proposal, how it is organised and implemented, and what the impact and benefits of the project will be. Again there are several sub-criteria, which differ according to the chosen funding instrument.
View the evaluation criteria and procedures in the text of AAPG 2022.
For questions about administrative and financial aspects of your proposal: aapg.adfi(at)anr.fr
For questions about scientific aspects of your proposal: aapg.science(at)anr.fr
For questions about the submission website: aapg.si(at)anr.fr. Please, indicate in your email:
- the evaluation panel and the acronym of the project
- the email address (login) used to login
- a description of your actions and the error message you received (eventually, attach a screenshot)