Development of targeted nutrition for prevention of undernutrition for older adults (PREVNUT)
The French National Research Agency, in partnership with 10 countries (Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Norway, Spain, Poland, and United Kingdom) is launching a fifth call for proposals through the ERA-NET ERA-HDHL. The initiative aims to promote international research on nutrition and health. The global budget for this action will be of 6,3 millions of euros (without additional support from the European Commission).
The aim of the present call is to improve the prevention of undernutrition in European older citizens through the consumption of appropriate nutritious food.
In particular, proposals should focus on one or both of the following topics:
- Improved understanding of how the balance between nutrition, lifestyle and physical exercise can prevent undernutrition. The studies should focus on the underlying biological mechanisms of the bioavailability, assimilation and metabolism of the macro- and/or micronutrients in food or food products and show how lifestyle and physical activity could modify these processes.
- Development of innovative food products. The developed product should be based on new research on metabolism, on macro- and/or micronutrient bioavailability and absorption in older adults.
Each consortium should include 3 to 6 partners eligible for funding from at least three different countries participating to this call and a maximum of 2 additional partners participating to the call with their own fund. No more than two partners eligible for funding from the same country will be accepted within the same consortium. An applicant cannot be implicated in more than two proposals. Subject to the rules of the various funders, public research partners, as well as hospitals, private research organisations, private companies and associations may join the call. ANR will only fund the French partners of the selected projects. Selected projects will be funded for a period of up to three years. A detailed description of the eligibility requirements can be found on the JPI HDHL Website.
- List of selected projects
Due to the COVID-19 situation, submission deadline and rebuttal dates have been postponed.
- A one-step evaluation procedure followed by a rebuttal will apply.
- Call text and proposal template can be found on the JPI HDHL website.
- Proposals should be directly submitted online on the JPI HDHL website (ANR will not directly accept any proposal submission).
Call Secretariat (preferential contact via e-mail)
Dr Sophie Gay & Dr Martine Batoux
+33 1 78 09 80 39/+33 1 73 54 81 40
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.