Call for proposals MATHILDE: maturing of innovations on specific Defence thematics – thematic call on Deep Seabed and Space
This call for projects follows the call for interests launched previously this year on the same thematics and aims to:
- anticipate technology demonstrations and pre-industrial work following up on dual-use scientific innovation,
- boost result’s attractiveness with regard to industry and investors.
in both space and deep-sea sectors. Proposals may fall under “industrial research” or “experimental development” for a project duration of 24 to 36 months and a maximum allocated grant under 800 k€.
This thematic call is dedicated to research projects beneficial to both defence and civilian sectors (dual-use) with an intermediate level of technological maturity (TRL of 3-4 to reach 5 at the end of the project) and falling under one of the following five axes in either the space or deep-sea research domain:
- Environnment knowledge
- Environnment management and control
- Object- and change-detection (only for the deep-sea research domain)
The program, at the border between upstream and technological-research, is complementary to call for projects ASTRID: Deep Seabed and Space aiming to support low level of technological maturity (TRL between 1-4), currently open for submission (for more information on this call: https://anr.fr/ASZC-2023)
- Proposals do not need to be based on previous researches having received a support from the Ministry of Defence or based on pre-proposals submitted under the previous Call for interests: extension of conflict zones: Deep seabed and Space
- At least one industrial partner required per project
- Grant is capped at €800k per project
Intellectual property clauses (IP)
Intellectual property clauses will be applied in order to preserve the feasibility of applications.
Refence document for defence innovation policy available on AID website https://www.defense.gouv.fr/aid/ in the “documents” tab
Contacts – French National Research Agency
Florence LASEK - florence.lasek(at)agencerecherche.fr
Emmanuel BETRANHANDY - emmanuel.betranhandy(at)agencerecherche.fr
The appelsprojetsrecherche.fr portal centralises all information on calls for proposals and calls for applications from ADEME, ANR, Inserm including ANRS, Anses and INCa. It provides a simplified access to upcoming and ongoing calls, giving a greater visibility to funding opportunities. Following their closing date, the calls remain published for a few months.