IDEX / I-SITE
Référence projet : 15-IDEX-0002
RST : Patrick LEVY
Etablissement Coordinateur : Université de Grenoble (COMUE)
Région du projet : Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Discipline : 7 - Multi-thématiques et autres
Aide de l'ANR 100 000 000 euros
Investissement couvrant la période de avril 2016 à décembre 2020
The first months of the Initiative have been devoted to rapidly setting up the governing and operational bodies necessary for a quick, efficient and accountable functioning of the project.
Thus, the IDEX governance described on section 4 of the application has been implemented, with the setting up of the Steering Committee, the definition of the members of the International Scientific Committee, the constitution of the Executive Commissions and their related operational commissions (see details below). The first visit of the International Scientific Committee will be held on the 9th and 10th of May 2017.
A detailed roadmap has been established, on the basis of the IDEX application, and focusing onthe period 2016-2017, corresponding to the period of the pre-funding agreement (“convention de préfinancement”).
A substantial work has been achieved regarding the definition of a set of Indicators and the methodology of collecting related data. This will facilitate the monitoring and steering of the Initiative as well as the reporting to the ANR.
Concerning academic actions, 16 project calls have been launched in the period extending to end of March 2017, 454 project proposals have been evaluated, 76 projects funded and more than 15 million euros of funding allocated.
Regarding institutional integration, the main effort of the first two years of the IDEX deals with the definition of academic departments and internal structures (see details below). This work has been launched, and, in particular, a roadmap has been defined for the setting up of the Institute of Engineering.
The functional integration has started to take place within the context of the “IDEX contract” presented on page 70 of the IDEX application, and which has been systematically applied (see details below).
An important effort has been conducted during 2016 to establish the common “Univ. Grenoble Alpes” identity and brand (see details below). This effort has been deployed:
- Internally, towards our staff and students, with an IDEX launching event, common user cards, and definition of a branding policy
- Externally, with the application of the “Univ. Grenoble Alpes” affiliation on scientific publications, the setting up of a new website, and the diffusion of brochures presenting our highlights.
The implementation of the international strategy presented within the IDEX application, and refined in two seminars, has started, with the preparation or finalization of several new strategic partnerships (see details below).
The Office for Funds and Grants has started with a first program, focusing on ERC applications. More concretely, the “Fostering GIANT” program is now “Fostering Univ. Grenoble Alpes” with an enlarged scope and a doubled budget.
The regional initiative “HubRecherche”, to which we took part, acts as the first step for the construction of the Industrial Liaison Programme.
Scientific visibility / actions
The first IDEX calls for projects have been launched, along the lines defined within the IDEX application:
- the Cross Disciplinary Programs call for projects, launched in autumn 2016, selected 7 interdisciplinary research programs, articulated with the education and international objectives of the IDEX, and focusing on key scientific topics for Univ. Grenoble Alpes. The total consolidated funding represents 128M€, out of which 11.9 M€ from the IDEX.
- The Strategic Research Initiatives call for projects targets the research departments to support their scientific excellence, international outreach and visibility. This call will support new staff members and cross-laboratory projects.
- A specific call co-funds requests for large scientific equipment, for a total of 1.3 M€.
- The Innovation grant call supports pre-maturation projects, prior to the scope of the SATT Linksium.
- The call for International strategic partnerships backs up the main strategic lines of actions defined within the IDEX project in terms of international relations and visibility.
- To improve Univ. Grenoble Alpes’s international attractiveness, a call funds Master scholarships and provides 5000 € fellowships to high-level students joining the university.
- Summer schools are also being funded to increase the international identification of Univ. Grenoble Alpes as a hot spot of teaching by and through research.
- An important call for projects, launched in autumn 2016, selected 40 innovative teaching and learning projects, as well as “learning-by-doing” platforms.
- To support the feeling of belonging and the quality of student life, a call for students services selected the first 3 innovative initiatives.
- In the area of student life as well, a call supports students projects reaching out of the university to develop projects with socio-economic partners.
- Two calls have been launched to improve the social and cultural outreach of Univ. Grenoble Alpes.
The quick launch of these calls for projects, covering university’s core missions and activities, and back-up by the contribution of the members, has contributed to the involvement of the academic community and the development of “Univ. Grenoble Alpes” identity. Furthermore, the Cross Disciplinary Programs and the selected projects, presented in the Appendix, allowed us to take a step forward towards developing our research in Humanities and Social Sciences and interdisciplinary research.
The actions taken to ensure a quick mobilisation of the academic communities are described in more details within the document. They regard:
- A series of internal communication actions (see details below): IDEX launching event, communication around the project and its various actions, establishment of a user card for students and employees;
- The promotion of the common identity and brand, and its progressive application on all academic degrees;
- The setting up of the IDEX governing and operational bodies (see details below);
- A rapid launch of the first call for projects funded by the IDEX for research, education, international partnership, student life (see details below);
- The elaboration of a list of IDEX indicators and the processes to collect the related data.
The achievements concerning the commitments listed in the “pre-funding” agreement are presented in the following table [see table 1 on the attachment].
L'auteur de ce résumé est le coordinateur du projet, qui est responsable du contenu de ce résumé. L'ANR décline par conséquent toute responsabilité quant à son contenu.