Référence projet : 10-EQPX-0039
RST : Sylvie MOTELLIER
Etablissement Coordinateur : CEA Grenoble
Région du projet : Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
Discipline : 2 - SMI
Aide de l'ANR 10 191 400 euros
Investissement couvrant la période de février 2011 à décembre 2019
The NanoID project built up an open platform comprising different new characterisation prototype equipments able to detect and identify in complex matrix (solid, liquid and gaseous) the nanoparticles by their chemical nature and structure as a function of their size distribution together with their concentration. 5 main equipments were selected in order to investigate nanosafety issues:
1) a new versatile synthesis tool, able to produce in a very repeatable way sufficient amounts of test nanoparticles of different chemical compositions, sizes, aspect ratio, electrical charge, crystalline degree, etc... It is used to calibrate the other equipments. An upgrade was made allowing to synthesize core-shell NPs in a continuous way.
2) a new cryogenic tomographic Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope presenting a very high elemental sensitivity for nanoparticle observation and identification and associated sample preparation tools for solids, bio-tissues and some liquids. 4 upgrades have been made on this tool in order to not or less degrade samples, to have a better detection sensivity, to analyse directly NPs in liquid media and to be able to make tomographic observation of frozen liquid samples.
3) an advanced high spatial definition 3D imager based on X-ray transmission upgraded with original powerful fluorescence capabilities for elemental identification in solids and bio tissues at a micron scale and also at a nanoscale.
4) a new real time nanoparticles identification tool for liquids comprising an Asymetric Field Flow Fractionation coupled with different detectors such as a Multiple Angle Light Scattering, an UV detector and an Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer.
5) a new transportable equipment able to identify in real time the size and the chemical nature of aerosolized nanoparticles in indoor and outdoor air.
This platform is now opened to all people that have needs of characterization in nanosafety issues.
L'auteur de ce résumé est le coordinateur du projet, qui est responsable du contenu de ce résumé. L'ANR décline par conséquent toute responsabilité quant à son contenu.