The future Internet will bring a growing number of networked applications (services), devices and individual data (including private ones) to end-users (citizens, consumers, employees). The important challenges are the organization of their access, and the guarantee of trust and privacy.
The objectives of the PIMI project (Personal Information Management through Internet) are the definition of a model-based design environment and a deployment platform for Personal Information Management System (PIMS).
The future PIMS must provide the end-user personal data access with services that are relevant to his needs. In order to take mobility into account, the PIMS will be accessed both by mobile devices (smartphone) and Internet-connected Personal Computers.
With the increasing number of e-services and associated data being accessible through Internet, the number and complexity of PIMS will augment dramatically in the near future. This will require strong research investment in a number of topics, all contributing to the expected usability and accessibility of Individual Information Spaces for the end-user:
- Electronic trust and reputation of the services
- Secured private data transfer between PIMS and between services
- Ergonomic Human Computer Interface including mobile ones
- Service composition and re-composition based on end-users requirements (life events), on e-service trust and runtime feedback
- Quality of Service / Quality of Experience self adaptation
- Advanced algorithms to monitor the PIMS, the private data and service accesses
Monsieur Olivier NICOLAS (GENIGRAPH) – firstname.lastname@example.org
The author of this summary is the project coordinator, who is responsible for the content of this summary. The ANR declines any responsibility as for its contents.
LRI UNIVERSITE DE PARIS XI [PARIS- SUD]
IT INSTITUT TELECOM - SUD PARIS
IRIT UNIVERSITE TOULOUSE III [PAUL SABATIER]
INRIA INSTITUT NATIONAL DE RECHERCHE EN INFORMATIQUE ET EN AUTOMATIQUE - (INRIA Siège)
Help of the ANR 1,068,628 euros
Beginning and duration of the scientific project: - 36 Months